top of page

MYTHBUSTERS: China Work Permit + Work Visa = exempted PH Travel tax?

Updated: Sep 14, 2023

China work permit + Z visa means you are legally eligible to work in China, until the validity of these two documents. It does not exempt a Filipino from PH travel tax. OFWs and Balikbayans are exempted from PH travel taxes, provided you can show the required documents. For OFWs, the OEC from POEA is the document you need to get exempted from PH travel tax and international airport fees.... provided you are going to the country where you have a work visa. To learn more on how to get free OEC online, go to OFW Dependents 2 years old and below are free from travel tax, but must apply for exemption at the airport (strangely, they charge PHP200 for "processing" this). Other dependents--spouse and legitimate children who are 21 years old or below and unmarried--pay a fraction of the travel tax. The full details can be found here. AIRPORT TIPS When going to the airport, bring extra cash and allot extra time for these processes. The queues could get ridiculous. Dependents who wish to avail of your OFW benefits must bring a copy of your valid OEC + proof of relationship--such as birth certificates and marriage certificates.

Are you a direct hire who needs to get a new or renewed OEC? Read more about it here. Check if this may have been resolved by now. The info here may change without prior notice. If you have an update on this article, or wish to contribute to our community website, contact us. #work #permits #government #visa #travel

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page