top of page

1 Year Residence Permit (Work Visa)

The info is from the Shanghai Public Security Bureau issued 2017 June, valid as of 2019. Info may change anytime without notice. Business hours and Location: Shanghai Municipality Public Security Bureau Exit-Entry Administration Bureau Mon-Sat 9:00 - 17:00 excluding public holidays. Only Documents collection on Saturdays Free Trade Zone Branch Exit-Entry Detachment, Exit-Entry Administrative office of each district: See <Opening hours and address of Exit-Entry Administrative Ofice of each district> Enquiry Hotline: 28951900 Supervision and complaints: 68547109 Time limit Within 7 working days if application documents are complete Fee standard For details, refer to the Visa Fee Standar of Reciprocal countries and Non-Reciprocal countries, the State evelopment and Planning Commission an the Ministry of Finance (J.J.G (2003) No. 392) ------- ONE (1) YEAR RESIDENCE PERMIT (WORK VISA) (A014) Visit for a simpler explanation. For any unclear sections, refer to the Chinese version or call Enquiry Hotline 28951900 Qualifications: Foreigners can apply for residence permit for one year under any of the ff circumstances: 1. Foreigners who take office or are employed in Shanghai 2. Foreigners engaged in commercialized entertainment performances in Shanghai Requirements: 1. Valid Passport and visa, original 2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors (issued by Police or hotel), Original and copy 3. Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form, and 1 recent 2x2 in ID photo 4. Health Certificate issued within 6 months by the Domestic Authority Administration of the Entry Exit Inspection and Quarantine (exempted: applicants under 18 years old OR above 70 years old) 5. Submitting the official application letter of the unit/ office 6. Business license and other registration certificates of the invitation unit, Original + Copy (if the business license does not contain the unified social credit code then the organization code is also required); Certificate of Approval for establishment of enterprises with foreign investment or foreign investment enterprise establishment registration receipt (excluding domestic enterprises), Enterprises filed could be exempted from the above documents 7. Foreigner's work Permit, Original (except those holding Shanghai REsidence Card B-L type); Vice Directors should submit the original of Ientity Confirmation Certificate issued by Shanghai Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment. Those engaged in commercialized entertainment performance must submit the original of the the official documents approving the performance by the Minisry of Culture or Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio Film & TV and the Performance Credential issued by Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film & TV. Those engaged in offshore petroleum operations should submit Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in Offshore Petroleum Operations. Note: 1. For first time application, applicants must have personal appearance. For reapplication, a relative or company representative may apply on your behalf by providing the relevant proofing certificates. Or applicants can visit for online application. Those who extend residence permit within 3 months after its duration, can be exempted from submitting item 4 2. If applicants submit a letter of commitment and the original and copy of Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit in the People's Republic of China, Foreigner's Work Permit coul be exempted (but applicants must apply for Foreigner's Work Permit within 10 days after acquiring residence permit) 3. If Entry-Exit administrative organization under Public Security Organ, as it considers necessary, requires to interview the applicant or to demand the applicant to submit other supplementary materials (such as fingerprints, relevant guarantee certificate, etc), howerver the applicant fails to undergo the interview or submit the materials at/during the appointed time /period. the application will bedeemed as cancelled, unless force majeure; 4. Decisions made by the Exit-Entry Administration on rejecting applications for visa extension or reissuance, or on not issuing foreigners/ stay or residence permits or not extending the duration of residence shall be final. ------------------------- #permits #work #visa #government

1 view0 comments


bottom of page